Saturday, August 2, 2008

About our Annual Performance

Dear Mindy:

I wanted to take a moment and let you know that your 1st annual Dance Concert was a delightful experience from beginning to end. I am a parent of three, grandmother of five, godmother of six and believe me when I tell you that I have sat through many dance recitals and youth productions that were not so enjoyable. Some so long that there were two intermissions! What you have done in a year is amazing. The transitional flow between numbers was quite impressive. The young performers were well rehearsed and the very young, not given too much too learn and very entertaining. The older dancers were simply beautiful.
A job well done by you and your staff. What I am most impressed about is that you seem to "get it" the first time, by making the experience fun for both the dancers and their families who are watching. It was the first recital that I have seen backstage moms recognized. Having hair done in one place, I was told was also a big hit. I drove from Claremont La county to see my beautiful, "very talented" godchildren Bella and Sophia Russo dance and for the first time loved each and every moment of the production. It was well worth the drive. Of course, even if it wasn't enjoyable I would be there because they are so crazy cute and I adore them both! However, it was an wonderful full experience, not just a few treasured cute moments.

Bravo to you and what you are doing. As you said in your closing remarks, Love to Dance is creating memories that will be with them for a lifetime, actually for all of us.

Thank you for that.

Cathleen Simonson

No comments: